Thursday 26 February 2009

Confused.

There are large blanks in my memory, I think most people would have that though when looking back. I don't think most would have no memory of members of their family though. I don't remember my dad being there when I was at first school and considering I had apparently wanted to be close to my brother, I don't remember him either. Strange considering my dad used to walk me and my brother to school and back each day, I have absolutely no recollection of that, no recollection of walking to and from school at all actually. I can try as hard as I like but even now my dad and brother are invisible to me when I look back. I don't remember meals as a family, outings or anything. I have odd memories of my brother when we played outside but none of him being in the house. It seemed it was just me and my mum, we could've been the only ones living in that house.

I mentioned before that nothing was ever said about what had happened once the police left. I thought it was because what I had done was so bad and my parents must be so disgusted with me that they couldn't say anything for fear all their loathing for me would pour out and maybe they wouldn't be able to stop. My mum and the police lady who's lap I sat on both said I'd done nothing wrong, I wasn't in trouble. Yeah, right, because the police are always called when you've been good, you always get new clothes taken away and get taken away yourself by police when you've been good. And just to cap it off, a man in a white coat hurts you in pretty much the same way as he did, but managing to do it while keeping his clothes on. Besides, he warned me I'd be in trouble if anyone found out, he'd been warning me since it started.

He should've been my ally. The police took him away too so he should've understood and he could've at least given me a smile or something when passing by. But even he wouldn't look at me or speak to me anymore.

Still, things seemed better after he was gone and I didn't see him again.

2 comments:

  1. I always believe that memories in someone's mind won't be erased. They are stored and need some trigger to come to the front, if I may say so. Some memories are "forgotten" because there are other memories of certain events became the dominant because they made a bigger impact on you, that's why they call such events "unforgettable".

    I know it might sound irrational to forget the moments with your father and brother, but it really happens. Sometimes I meet members of close family kins and we sit, laugh about old times and they do remind me of some events that I shouldn't forget, many times I get surprised how come I don't remember some of them anymore. So it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Still, things seemed better after he was gone and I didn't see him again."

    The best thing that happened is that you are better and you are alright nowadays, and you survived on what you have gone through.:)

    Take care,
    Peny@nurse uniforms

    ReplyDelete