Monday 23 February 2009

Mind Mess.

For a little while now I've been thinking about my past. Is it shameful? Was it right to stay hidden?
I had pretty much decided I was actually quite proud of my past and how I'd coped and how I'd turned out, not that I suddenly came out and told everyone but I was telling a bit more to select people whom I trusted.
It wasn't an issue up until I started university, it had it's niggling points but nothing major. I mainly lied my way through most things, not particularly well but then I didn't much care for questions.

All too quickly in a world of change that was already occurring around me, it became an issue, a potential threat to my future and to be honest, if not for my daughter, a threat to my life. My history was determining my future and my future was in the hands of those who knew the truth. I got through it with success but also with conditions to a certain extent. Conditions I don't agree with and that have since given me the feeling that I should be ashamed and cautious. It also had an opposite effect as I can't stand being told what I should or shouldn't do.

So now I'm going against advice and I'm going to leave it to those who read this to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment